This is a newly created role and a unique opportunity to rebuild our automation service from the ground up. Closely aligned with the Functional Test Team, the Lead Automation Tester, will be tasked with building, maintaining and growing the automation test function within Zoonou. We are looking for someone to own the automation service by:
- Evaluating the suitability of test automation tools
- Creating test automation frameworks
- Mentoring junior colleagues
- Defining and delivering automation solutions for our valued clients.
You will report the Head of Functional Testing.
- Gather, define & document project requirements to shape test automation solutions for client projects
- Mentor Junior Automation Testers
- Define automation testing standards for the team to follow
- Act as test automation subject matter expert (SME) within the organisation
- Assist with Pre-Sales activities including presenting to senior stakeholders
- Establish good relationships with our clients.
- Liaise with client’s stakeholders and technical staff
- Explain complex automation issues to non-technical colleagues
- Have a methodical and organised in your approach to solving problems
- Work in a team environment
- Communicate with technical colleagues, management, and business users
- Meet pre-agreed deadlines and raise issues in a timely manner
- Deliver good quality solutions
- Ask the right questions and have the ability to influence decisions.
- 3-4 years of proven test automation experience
- Creating and using test frameworks
- Demonstrable experience of creating test frameworks from scratch and understanding of design principles. Including ability to analyse and select test tools
- Creating and maintaining automated test suites using Selenium and Cypress
- Developing test scripts for testing web-based applications from the front-end user interface through to backend and databases
- Writing SQL queries to obtain test data
- Experience of automated testing of web services, API’s and web applications is required
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment
- Ability to engage with stakeholders to understand requirements and communicate details of the test automation framework
- Collaboration with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Solution Architects
- Good understanding of test environments and familiarity with cloud computing.
Bonus Points For:
- Certified Tester Test Automation Engineer (CT-TAE)
- Experience of automated testing of mobile applications
- Advanced ISTQB qualifications
- A degree in Computer Science, or similar computing subject.
What We Offer:
By joining our team, you will also benefit from:
- Professional development plans and training budgets
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Hybrid working (Following an initial 2-week onboarding at our head office)
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to mental health support
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Team budgets for social events and rewards
- 32 days holiday (inc, Bank Holidays)
- Additional holiday after 3 years of service
- Free eye tests
- Regular company social events, including our annual summer/winter parties.
Diversity and Inclusion
Zoonou invites applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on any other basis. If you have a disability or an additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.