We are an established and expanding software testing and quality assurance services company based in Eastbourne, East Sussex. We work with a range of exciting and innovative clients supporting them in their development and implementation of software products. We provide them with test execution services alongside expert support and consultancy on quality assurance.
The Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring smooth delivery of projects from the operational acceptance, through delivery to completion. The Project Manager reports to the Head of Service (HoS) for the relevant test area.
Working as part of the Operations team, you’ll act as a liaison between our commercial team, clients, and the wider operational test team; helping to coordinate, guide, manage, support, and deliver the projects you are responsible for. Ensuring projects are delivered as per technical delivery, timings, and the budgets set out in Statements of Work.
You will be pivotal in ensuring projects within your remit are delivered on time and as per expected outcomes in line with the business’ project delivery processes. You will take ownership of projects whilst they are being delivered by our team ensuring all parties internally and externally are aligned, updating stakeholders regularly through appropriate means including emails, calls and written reports.
The role involves the line management of a small team of testers deployed on various types of software testing projects. Alongside guidance from the Head of Service, you will produce, update, and maintain personal development plans for team members, lead the team to deliver project outcomes and be available as a point of escalation.
An understanding of basic risk management is important in helping to guide our clients through the decisions they make and alerting them to any risks involved with their projects at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Develop constructive relationships with others and lead by example, able to act on feedback from others as well as provide it to team members
- Build trust and demonstrate an ability to balance the needs of the business with the needs of team members
- Understand the importance of confidentiality both personally and professionally and handle information with sensitivity and the appropriate level of care and privacy
- Keen to develop and mentor others to help them be successful. Alongside your project delivery, the growth of team members is an important marker of your success as a manager.
Experience managing multiple projects with varied levels of stakeholders is important, as is a basic understanding of risk management. You should have experience delivering projects with multiple parties, working to tight deadlines, and organising small teams of people. You’ll have experience guiding others to succeed through a positive management and leadership style.
- Ideally, you’ll have commercial project delivery experience gained in a professional working environment.
- An understanding of or experience working as part of a software development / agile software delivery team or experience with software testing will be a great advantage.
Qualities we look for in applicants for this role:
- Organised & detail-focused
- Calm and considered
- Collaborative and easily understood
- Role model for our team
- Innovative and progressive
What we offer:
At Zoonou, you’ll be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. We work hard to make sure Zoonou provides a platform for you to grow and reach your fullest potential, with a strong promote-from-within ethos. Our success and growth are fuelled by the exceptional talent of our team and in return for their dedication we give back to them in a number of ways including:
- Professional development training budgets and routes for career and salary growth
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Access to mental health support
- Company pension
- 32 days holiday (inc, Bank Holidays)
- Free eye tests
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks when we’re in the office and regular company social events when we’re not.