Zoonou is one of the UK’s leading independent software testing and quality assurance (QA) companies, headquartered in the South East of England. We support our diverse portfolio of clients, ranging from government bodies to global brands, with their development and implementation of software products. As a full-service partner, we provide them with test execution services alongside expert support and consultancy on QA.
Following a significant period of sustained year-on-year growth, we now employ over 50 people across the UK, and as we continue to scale, we’re now looking to expand our core Functional Test Team. We’re looking for people as enthusiastic as we are about the quality of software and delivering great solutions to our clients.
Join our established company, where you’ll be part of a thriving and collaborative team where your contributions are recognised and valued. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues with 10+ years of experience in the industry keen to share their knowledge and expertise to help grow and develop your career. We embody this through our shared values of observance, curiosity, positivity, and one team.
Working alongside our team of experienced testers and guided by our management team, you will provide real-time feedback on the quality of our client’s products. You will get the opportunity to work on a range of client projects where you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of software platforms and industry verticals.
There are opportunities for upskilling into Test Management, Penetration testing, Load testing, Automation, Usability, and Accessibility testing available for candidates showing aptitude and desire to progress.
You will report to the Head of Functional Testing.
You will be responsible for the development of test scripts, functional and compatibility test execution, reporting of any issues discovered during testing and daily reports on progress. You may find yourself working independently for our clients, as part of the clients QA team, or as part of an internal QA team.
- Understanding and analysing requirements, planning test approaches, and presenting these back to key stakeholders.
- Delivering both exploratory and scripted testing, reporting results and escalating issues.
- Providing regular status reports as well as identifying and raising project risks and issues.
- Communicating directly with clients.
- Reviewing progress and reporting on velocity, modifying plans as needed.
- Suggesting alternative options proactively, working with the latest tools and technology to deliver quality results.
- Coach and mentor junior members of the testing team.
- Occasional onsite visits.
- Minimum 2 years testing experience, with a proven track record of working in a mixed discipline team.
- Have a solid knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Competent in analysis of requirements and identifying test conditions.
- Robust experience of Agile Testing Methodologies with the ability to deliver robust testing solutions within Sprints and software testing life cycles.
- Experience using test case management tools and project trackers, such as: DevOps, JIRA, TestRail, Zephyr, Asana etc.
- Be a responsible and organised individual, taking ownership of your work.
- Have great communication skills, both written and verbal, comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
- Clear ability to multi-task with great problem-solving ability
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification
Bonus Points For:
- Advanced ISTQB qualifications
- Coding skills
- Other technical experience
- A degree in Computer Science, or similar computing subject
What We Offer:
By joining our team, you will also benefit from:
- Professional development plans and training budgets
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Hybrid working (Following an initial 2-week onboarding at our head office)
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to mental health support
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Team budgets for social events and rewards
- 32 days holiday (inc, Bank Holidays)
- Additional holiday after 3 years of service
- Free eye tests
- Regular company social events, including our annual summer/winter parties
Diversity and Inclusion
Zoonou invites applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on any other basis. If you have a disability or an additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.