Working alongside a team of experienced testers and guided by our management team, responsibilities include the development of test scripts, functional and compatibility test execution, reporting of any issues discovered during testing and daily reports on progress. The information provided during our test effort aids clients in assessing the readiness of their software for release. The quality of information we provide to our clients is of upmost importance, therefore excellent written English skills are essential. Ongoing training will be provided and you will be encouraged to work towards relevant industry qualifications.
Our ideal candidate has a background in computing, is looking to pursue a career in software testing and will be able to concentrate on complex tasks in a dynamic environment while keeping focus on our overall goal to deliver high quality information to our clients. You should be a diligent and determined individual able to demonstrate through your work experience the ability to work on your own as well as within a team. A sound knowledge of general IT and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Coding skills are not essential for the role, although they are beneficial. We are especially keen to hear from applicants based in the local area.
- Knowledge of IT – must be demonstrated through qualifications or relevant work experience
- Proven verbal & written communication skills in a professional environment
- A keen eye for detail
- Thorough and methodical approach to tasks
- Ability to focus on complex tasks for extended periods of time.
- A clear interest in technology and desire to stay up to date in a moving field
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Scoping, planning and scripting for test requirements based on technical documentation
- Test Execution
- Exploratory, experience based
- Scripted, document driven
- Test Support, client focused ad-hoc sessions
- Reporting of issues found using appropriate bug tracking software
- Completion of test scripts, reporting of results and making recommendations for further QA
- Escalation of major issues to Project Lead or Client Contact
- Liaising directly with clients via phone, email and live chats as well as occasional onsite requirements
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary dependent upon experience
- Company pension scheme
- Fully subsidised training for ISEB/ISTQB software testing exams
- Free drinks & fresh fruit and snacks
- 24 days leave, plus paid Bank Holidays and 3 work from home days per year
- Regular staff social events and a positive, friendly working environment
- This is a full time role based at our Eastbourne offices
- No agencies please.
- Please use the online application form by selecting the APPLY NOW button, or alternatively send a CV & covering letter to email@example.com
- Please do NOT contact us by phone.