This is a full-time position, based in our Eastbourne office. If you cannot commute daily to this location, please do not apply.
Zoonou is the UK’s only employee-owned software testing and QA company. We’re headquartered in Eastbourne but employ over 50 people across the UK. We work with the private, public and third sectors to help them create digital experiences that inspire trust and confidence among users.
Our talented team are what makes us successful. It’s the hard work and commitment of every single person that drives the company forward. As co-owners of Zoonou, we share a common goal, so we’re all moving in the same direction.
We’re people hire-ers, not role-fillers. We recognise that having the right people to do the right job is vital but we want people to join us who share our values and want to help grow Zoonou as they develop their own careers.
We’re now looking to expand our core Functional Test Team. We’re looking for people as enthusiastic as we are about the quality of software and delivering great solutions to our clients. While experience is not essential, we are looking for someone with a real passion for software and technology. Someone with a natural curiosity or recent tech graduate would suit this position due to the investment the team will give towards developing and mentoring your skills.
You’ll be surrounded by colleagues with 10+ years of experience in the industry keen to share their knowledge and expertise to help grow and develop your career. We embody this through our shared values of observance, curiosity, positivity, and one team.
Working alongside our testers and guided by our management team, you’ll provide real-time feedback on the quality of our client’s products. You will get the opportunity to work on a range of client projects where you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of software platforms and industry verticals.
You will report to the Head of Functional Testing.
You will be responsible for the development of test scripts, functional and compatibility test execution, reporting of any issues discovered during testing and daily reports on progress.
- Scoping, planning, and scripting for test requirements based on technical documentation
- Test Execution, both experience based, and document driven
- Test Support, client focused ad-hoc sessions
- Compatibility testing, taking advantage of our industry-leading test lab
- Reporting of issues found using appropriate bug tracking software
- Completion of test scripts, reporting of results and recommending next steps
- Escalation of major issues to Project Managers or Client Partners
- Liaising directly with clients via phone, email, and live chat as well as occasional onsite visits
- Minimum of 1 years testing experience or relatable work/education experience
- Have a good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Competent in analysis of requirements and identifying test conditions.
- Can multitask on numerous tasks and projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Maintain a high level of quality across your work
- Work well within a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- An organised, strategic thinker with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A clear interest in technology and desire to stay up to date in a moving field
Bonus Points For:
- Coding skills
- Other technical experience
- A degree in Computer Science, or similar computing subject
What We Offer:
By joining our team, you benefit from:
- Employee ownership bonus scheme
- Professional development plans and training budgets
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to mental health support
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Tech scheme
- Team budgets for social events and rewards
- 32 days holiday (inc, Bank Holidays)
- Additional holiday after 3 years of service
- Free eye tests
- Regular company social events, including our summer social and winter party
Diversity and Inclusion
Zoonou invites applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on any other basis. If you have a disability or an additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.